ice skating birthday party ideas
Will your child have a winter birthday? Birthday party with ice skating! Local ponds, local ice rinks, and even a handmade pond in your backyard—there are so many ways to spice up your ice skating birthday party.
ice skating birthday party invitation
Stick to the party theme and create invitations that look like ice skating. You can have your child decorate each skate before sending it to a friend. Be sure to include whether the party is indoors or outdoors so the kids can dress accordingly. Another fun idea is to stick to the Birthday on Ice theme. Create invitations that look like tickets to your child’s birthday on ice.
ice skating birthday party location
Check out the local ice rinks (click here for ice skating rinks in Massachusetts) and ponds (click here for ice skating ponds in Massachusetts). If you want a challenge, you can even create your own ice skating rink in your backyard. If your party is outdoors, decorating and setting up a snack table is a little easier than with a link.
ice skating birthday party hot chocolate bar
Hot chocolate is a must-have for ice skating parties! Perfect for when kids need a break to warm up. A hot chocolate bar where kids can create their own creations. Prepare a variety of toppings such as marshmallows, candy canes, cinnamon sticks, whipped cream, sprinkles and other treats of your choice.
ice skating birthday party melted snowflake drink
Keep the kids hydrated with melted snowflakes. Buy a water bottle and peel off the label. Create your own labels by computer or manually to match your party theme. Instead of drinking water, kids can drink melted snowflakes!
ice skating birthday party games
* After the children have changed into their skates, have them stack the shoes in a large pile. After skating time is over, line up the children. One by one, blindfold them and see if they can pull their shoes out of the mountain. A child who chooses shoes correctly wins a special prize.
* Freeze Skate is a fun skating game. Let the kids skate to their favorite music and every time the music stops they have to freeze in place!
* Ekiden is always fun. Divide the children into two teams. Set a start line and finish line, have her one child from each team compete, and start the next child when her teammates return. The first team to complete the ice skating race wins.
ice skating birthday party favors
* Have the birthday girl or boy pick a thermos and have enough for each child at the party. Make her chocolate hot by putting chocolate kisses and ingredients in a thermos. Have your child create small thank you notes and tie the thank you notes to each thermos with a ribbon.
* Mittens are a cute and easy favor! Choose from a variety of colors and let the kids choose what they like when they leave. Tie your mittens in gratitude.
* Create your own icicle cones and give them as a favor. They are easy to make and kids will love them. Dip sugar cones in melted white chocolate and place on wax paper until chocolate is completely dry and hard. Stuff the cone with white chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. Wrap the cone in cellophane and tie it with a ribbon of your favorite color. Add a name tag or thank you card to each cone.
For more ideas on planning your child’s ice skating birthday party, click here to visit our Pinterest board.