Steal tips and tricks to make your baby’s first birthday party stress-free. With a little extra planning ahead of the party, it’s a sweet occasion filled with cute birthday decorations and activities. It has everything.
Things to know before hosting your baby’s first birthday party
Baby is one year old and it’s time to party. “Our beloved Gracie’s first birthday was in January, and it felt like a celebration for us making it through our first year,” said Tori of Tallahassee, Florida. Horn says. We asked Penny Warner, a child development instructor and author of over a dozen party and activity books. Baby Birthday Parties: 20 Fun Themed Parties for Babies Ages 1-3, for ideas to host that first milestone party. “There’s a lot to juggle: toddlers’ unpredictable moods and schedules, appropriate themes and treats, and even the number of guests.” , you and your child can toss his hat in the air at a party.
1. Look at your watch. Plan your party to last an hour to an hour and a half. Babies have short attention spans and quickly run out of energy and interest. Plan a party in the middle of the night or late afternoon before or after a nap when your baby isn’t tired.
2. VIP only. Shrink your guest list to avoid overwhelming your babe and keep costs down.
3. Ask for helpConsider hiring a babysitter or hiring a family member to balance hosting duties with enjoying your baby’s big day.
4. Babies love balloons. Choose foil or mylar balloons instead of latex to avoid a choking hazard for children under 8. Try to save money by purchasing a mylar balloon and helium kit. amazon.com)
5. Build a playground. Many babies in this age group are still on all fours. So there is a baby-safe play area filled with age-appropriate toys for your little guests. Arrange chairs around the zone for parents to relax and watch.
6. Check your treats. Ask your guests if they have any food allergies to consider. Keep snacks simple, such as chopped fruit and graham crackers for kids, and eat grown-up versions for adults.
7. Don’t let stress build up. Hiring a DJ to host a pony ride is still a few years away. Whether you host a seasonal party or just celebrate at home with your family, it doesn’t matter to your baby. As long as they are with you and feel the love around them, that’s all.
If you’re still looking for great ideas, try these trendy party themes and party supplies suggestions.