Need some New Year’s inspiration? Check out the 22 most popular posts from Hello Little Home for 2022! From recipes to travel guides, this annual list is full of creative ideas you’ll love.
Well, 2022 is officially on the books! And what a year it’s been… admittedly a little shaky at the beginning, but mostly ended strong.
As we wrap up all of 2022 here at Hello Little Home, we thought it would be interesting to look back at the recipes, travel guides, and tips that have made the most people happy.
I’ve been sharing ideas here for nearly a decade. Hello Little Home has over 1000 posts. Many of these ideas below are all-time favorites, but some are new to our most popular list. Lots of great ideas here.
Are you reading for a peek? So let’s get started…
22. 30 delicious ways to use pesto
If you’re looking for lots of creative ways to use pesto (other than pasta), you’ll find over 30 ideas in this post.
21. Simple chocolate fondue
This chocolate fondue has rave reviews and is so easy and quick to prepare! Perfect for any special occasion.
20. Cinnamon brown sugar coffee syrup
Upgrade your morning coffee with this amazing Cinnamon Brown Sugar Coffee Syrup…so delicious!
19. Garden District Walking Tour
If you go to New Orleans, visit my favorite neighborhood! This Garden District walking tour takes you past all the beautiful mansions this area is known for.
18. Sourdough Bread Stuffing
This sourdough filling has the best taste and texture! Bookmark it for the holidays or make it any time of the year.
17. 2022 Oscar voting
Awards season is finally here! This his 2022 Oscar ballot was a must-have last year. If you’re a movie buff, keep an eye on my 2023 poll for him (nominations will be announced on his January 24th).
16. Vegetable wort
This delicious veggie barley soup might be my favourite…so delicious and a Hello Little Home favorite for years!
15. 70+ Creative Birthday Cake Alternatives
Throwing a party this year but want to get a little creative? Then you’ll love these unique birthday cake alternatives!
14. How to plan big moves
I’m not bragging, but I’m good at moving (laughs). Her husband and I have moved across the country many times (plus many more local moves) and this article contains my top tips and a very helpful printable moving checklist !
13. Danish Puff
These homemade Danish puffs (aka almond kringles) are a delight…a family favorite since I was a kid!
12. How to roast vegetables
Roasting is my favorite way to prepare vegetables…so easy and so delicious! This roasted vegetable guide is full of helpful tips along with easy recipes.
11. DIY Yard Game
It might be a little chilly to play outside right now, but make some of these DIY yard games now and you’ll be ready when the weather warms up!
10. Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
Walking the Brooklyn Bridge is one of the top things to do in New York City. This guide covers everything you need to know before you go.
9. Mother’s Mini Cherry Tart
These wonderful cherry tarts are another family favorite that our readers can’t get enough of!
8. 20 Things to Do in Uptown Charlotte
Have you been to North Carolina? This fun guide covers everything you can do in Charlotte, especially downtown.
7. Green Pizza
A Hello Little Home favorite for years, this amazing green pizza is loaded with veggies, pesto and feta and is super flavorful!
6. Stamp Cookie
Stamp cookies are so much fun to make and the results are beautiful! My recipe has all the tips you need for perfect results.
5. Mixed berry mini trifle
These mini trifles are so popular that you always know summer is approaching! They make a great summer dessert, but you can also make them all year round.
4. Spike Hot Chocolate
This delicious spiked hot chocolate is the perfect fall/winter treat! Serve with or without alcohol for everyone to enjoy.
3. Spike Apple Cider
This spiked apple cider is the perfect hot drink for cold days. I make it with or without alcohol so that everyone can enjoy it.
2. Sweet cinnamon milk tea
There’s nothing better than this delicious sweet cinnamon milk tea. This is the ideal drink for a lazy afternoon or just a few minutes of my time.
1. How to make the perfect iced coffee
Ta da … The most popular post on Hello Little Home this year was this guide to making iced coffee. I’m an iced coffee fanatic and this recipe has all of my favorite tips.
Top 10 new posts from 2022
It usually takes a while for new posts to catch up with Google and Pinterest (my top two traffic sources). So, out of my top 22 posts (Oscar votes), only 1 was actually written in 2022!
I’ve shared quite a few new recipes, guides, and other ideas for 2022, but the 10 below were the most popular…and will likely appear in the top 23 next year!
- Exploring the Garden District … If you enjoyed New Orleans’ Most Beautiful Neighborhoods – My Garden District Walking Tour (19 in the list above), you’ll love this guide! doing.
- Overnight Oats and Yogurt – Learn how to make the creamiest oats ever with this simple recipe.
- Lemon Olive Oil Dressing – This is one of the easiest salad dressings to make, and it’s so delicious with a bright flavor.
- Instant Iced Coffee – Making cold coffee with this no-brew method couldn’t be easier.
- Chocolate Banana Bread – This decadent banana bread is loaded with chocolate.
- 28 Places to See Cherry Blossoms in the USA – Can’t go to Washington DC to see the cherry blossoms?
- Sourdough Grilled Cheese – This simple recipe is a big step up from the basic grilled cheese. very delicious!
- 30 Ways to Use Roasted Garlic – Love roasted garlic but don’t know how to use it? Check out this helpful guide for lots of creative ideas.
- Best Christmas Markets in New York City – NYC is magical during Christmas time. Holiday markets are his one of the best ways to enjoy the cheer of the season.
- What to eat with hummus – If you’re a hummus lover, check out these creative ideas that go well beyond pitas and veggies!
This concludes 2022… I hope you find something fun to do here. Whether you are a first-time reader or a long-time reader, thank you for reading. All your questions, comments, likes, follows etc really means the world to me!
PS If you’re looking for more ideas, check out my most popular posts from 2013-2021 here (and here for 2019).