Office Christmas party games and events are time-honored traditions that everyone looks forward to. It’s a chance for you and your colleagues to relax, have fun, and leave the office in the evening. But planning the perfect event can be stressful, especially when you’re working with a large crowd there is.
If you’re planning a party for a large group of employees, you’ll want to make sure it’s a memorable occasion. The best way to keep everyone entertained throughout the party is to have plenty of activities for everyone to do.
Here are some great tips on how to plan an office Christmas party. We also have 20 Christmas office party games and ideas for you.
Christmas party games for work can be a lot of fun, but they can get a little stressful when lots of people are involved. Trying to get everyone together for an event can be overwhelming. So we’ve come up with some ideas on how to keep things simple and make sure everyone has a good time.
- plan ahead: For large groups, it is advisable to plan all the details in advance. Make sure your manager is present at the date and time you want your party to be held, and make sure that person is talking to other managers who will be attending. (if food is available) and arrange transportation for those who need it. If your party has special activities planned (like karaoke), have them ready ahead of time so everyone knows what’s going on when they arrive at the event.
- keep things simple: If many people are involved in planning your office Christmas party, you may be tempted to try out new ideas and elaborate decorations that might not work for such a large group. It’s generally best to keep things simple and less choking.
What are some easy Christmas party games for work?
There are many different types of activities that you can use at your office Christmas party. One option is to use games such as Charade or Pictonally. These games allow people to get up and move around while interacting with each other in a fun way.
Another option is for employees to entertain colleagues and guests by performing songs and skits during parties. This can also be done as part of a contest where each person is given 10 minutes to do something before being judged by the others in the party.
Finally, if you want something more discreet but fun, consider hiring someone who works in the entertainment industry, such as an actor or comedian. Ridiculous costumes such as Santa Claus costumes and reindeer horns.
Office Christmas Party Games and Ideas for Large Groups
To give you a more detailed list, we’ve highlighted 20 of our favorite Christmas party office games and ideas for gathering your employees.
1. Escape room: If you’re looking for a fun game for your work Christmas party, this might be the right choice. This is an exciting game in which a large group of employers can actively participate. To do this, you need to organize a larger space. Organize board games that need to be finished in limited time so that you can leave the room.
2. Ugly Sweater Party: One fun game of Christmas parties at work is throwing an ugly sweater party. Here, employees are asked to create or buy ugly sweaters and wear them to the event.A winner is chosen at the end of the party, so encourage them to be as creative as possible with their ideas.
3. Lunch party: You can take things to a classic level by hosting a lunch party for your employees. You can decide whether to have your lunch outdoors or reserve a restaurant where everyone is comfortable. Choose a theme and let everyone sync. You can choose the color of the day and choose a menu that everyone can enjoy.
4. Happy hour: This is a very popular way to celebrate the holidays. You can have your employees mix drinks and interact with each other. This is an excellent way to connect her members of the team for chatting.
5. Movie party: The next option on our list of office games and ideas for Christmas parties is to host a movie party. This is a fun and engaging way to start the holidays. The outdoor cinema is perfect for large groups. Light refreshments will be provided so that everyone can have a good time.
6. Board Game Night: Board games are a great way for employees to work together. You can divide them into teams and have each team compete against each other. Don’t forget to bring snacks and drinks to warm things up.
7. Christmas Tree Contest: One of the Christmas party games for work is to host a Christmas tree contest. You can decide to use a small tree or make it more fun by having your employees act like trees. Divide them into groups and have one of each group decorate the tree. Have all the items you need to decorate the tree and pick the winning team.
8. Sports party: Want to take things to the next level? Hosting sports games is a great idea. Find out what sports your employees enjoy and have them dress up for holiday parties.
9. Excellence Award Party: Christmas isn’t just a holiday, it’s the end of the year. You can host a simple party to reward employees who have done a great job helping your business grow.
10. Office decoration: Another office Christmas party game to try is organizing your office decorations. Here, we ask employees to creatively decorate their office space. To make this more difficult, have each team decorate a separate area of the office and reward the most creative team.
11. Holiday Potluck: A Christmas holiday party wouldn’t be complete without food, so potluck is just as important. Other Christmas party office games should be included to inspire your employees. Have each person prepare their favorite Christmas dish and bring it to work.
12. Pajama party: Another Christmas party game for work is hosting a pajama party. This is an exciting and fun way for employees to relax and unwind. Have them wear their favorite pajamas to work.
13. Scavenger Hunt: Another fun game for Christmas parties at work is the scavenger hunt. This is perfect for large groups. Hide Christmas objects in different locations and organize your employees into small teams. Then you have to find as many items as possible to become the winner.
Other Christmas party office games and ideas include:
14. Wellness party
15. Gift wrapping
16. Cookie Decorating Class
18. Christmas Icebreaker
19. Volunteer Activities
20. Photo Booth
Here are some office Christmas party games and ideas to set up for your employees this season. You can do as many things as possible.